Everyone’s favorite time of year is back again! The Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival returns April 1 to 23, 2017 and offers even more boysenberry goodness than ever before!
This year over 80 unique boysenberry inspired food and beverage options will be available for guests to try throughout Ghost Town!
The year was 1920 when Walter and Cordelia Knott moved to the community of Buena Park California to farm 20 acres of rented land which included harvesting, and selling the first boysenberry, a cross between a loganberry, red raspberry and blackberry, and named the new berry after its originator, Rudolph Boysen. Today, all boysenberries in the world can trace their roots back to Knott’s Berry Farm.
Lets take a look at the lineup on menu options for 2017!
The Bank of Calico Stand
– Marinated Boysenberry Meatball on a Stick with Boysenberry BBQ Sauce
– Deep Fried Alligator & Fries with Boysenberry Aioli
– Boysenberry Stuffed Churro
– Boysenberry Churro Sundae with Boysenberry Ice Cream
– Boysenberry Fry Bread *New For 2017*
Cordelia’s Pie Kitchen
– Build-Your-Own Mini Boysenberry Pies
– Boysenberry & Apricot Pulled Pork Sandwich in a Boysenberry Bun Combo
– Boysenberry Butter, Boysenberry Relish & Boyenberry Mayonaise Toppings
– Choice of Boysenberry BBQ Sauce on any regular menu items (i.e. Chicken, Ribs, Flank Steak Sandwich)
– Boysenberry Pie (Slices and Whole Pies)
– Boysenberry Tart
– Boysenberry Turnovers
– Boysenberry Cheesecake
– Boysenberry Panna Cotta with Almond Crumble
– Boysenberry Triffle
– Boysenberry Salad
– The “Walter Knott” (Ice Tea & Boysenberry Punch)
– Boysenberry Milkshake
– Boysenberry Ice Cream
– Boysenberry Pie
– Boysenberry Cheesecake
– Boysenberry Wine
– Fun Bun: Fried Cinnamon Roll with Boysenberry Cream Cheese Topping
– Fun Stick: Fried Cheesecake on a Stick with Boysenberry Sauce
– Boysenberry Flautas
– Boysenberry Latte
– Assorted Boysenberry Pasteries
– Boysenberry ICEE
– Boysenberry ICEE Floats
– Boysenberry ice cream cones
– Boysenberry Cookiewich Sandwich
Judge Roy Bean
– Boysenberry Cream Soda *New for 2017*
Pemmican Pickle & Popcorn Cart
– Boysenberry Cotton Candy
– Boysenberry Short Ribs over Rice
– Boysenberry Ravioli *New For 2017*
– Chocolate Covered Boysenberry Cheesecake on a stick *New For 2017*
– Boysenberry Nutella Crepes *New For 2017*
– Boysenberry Beer
– Boysenberry Wine
– Boysenberry BBQ Wings
– Corn on the Cobb with Boysenberry Butter and Boysenberry Mayonnaise
– Boysenberry Corn Dog
Wagon Wheel Pizza
– Boysenberry Pizza made with arugula, goat cheese, and black forest ham (Review)
The #BoysenberryFestival also allows guests to try 4 craft brews and over 50 different wines from 36 producers including boysenberry beer and boysenberry wine inside Ghost Town’s Wilderness Dance Hall.
Admission to the boysenberry festival is included with admission. However, there is an additional charge for all food and beverage.
Guests can save by purchasing a Tasting Card for $25. The tasting card includes generous portions of six items:
– Boysenberry Pizza at Wagon Wheel Pizza
– Boysenberry Ravioli at Spurs Chophouse
– Boysenberry Buffalo Wings at the Gold Trails Hotel
– Boysenberry BBQ Meatballs at the Bank of Calico
– Boysenberry Fry Bread at the Gourmet Churro Factory
– Boysenberry Pana Cotta at the Ghost Town Bakery
The Boysenberry Festvival Tasting Card can be purchased in the park at the following locations: California Store, Little Spurs, General Store, Ghost Town Candy, Gold Trails Hotel, Spurs Chophouse, Ghost Town Refresh Station, Pemmican Pickle, Calico Saloon, Ghost Town Bakery, Sutters Grill, Ghost Town Mix-It-Up, Churro Factory, the Berry Stand at the entrance of Ghost Town.
Boysenberry Festival Entertainment and More
In addition, the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival also features an extensive line up of live entertainment. Join Snoopy, Charlie and the entire Peanuts gang as they present an all new interactive, musical revue called Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree! at the Calico Mine Stage. This new show will have families singing, dancing, and playing along with the beloved Peanuts characters and talented performers during the whimsical, high energy celebration of springtime. Country music and the aroma of deliciously good food will fill the air as the Ghost Town Miners take the stage in a fun, musical performance at the Firemen’s BBQ stage. Just across the Fireman’s stage, the Legendary Bird Cage Theatre pays tribute to Knott’s past; for the first time in over 20 years, the theatre will be the home of musical comedy melodrama, with a special presentation of the Old Time Melodrama. America’s longest running Melodrama returns with an original, interactive, comedy with a surprising boysenberry twist! In the evening, a group of krazy talented performers will have guests kicking up their heels with vine dancing, a down home jug band and dueling fiddlers and banjos! At the Wagon Camp stage, get krazy when Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies mount their toe tappin’, knee-slappin’, gut-bustin’ country comedy show that will have audiences clamoring for more!
Guests can purchase boysenberry inspired products throughout the winding streets of the Old West at the Crafts Fair. This year’s boysenberry products include boysenberry soap, lip balm and the devilishly good rock candy. Festivalgoers can also watch special demonstrations including a chainsaw wood sculpting, glass blowing and blacksmithing. From day to night, Ghost Town has never looked so lively.
The fun continues with new additions exclusively for the Boysenberry Festival. Brand new this season, The Old MacDonald Petting Zoo pays tribute to one of Knott’s original attractions. Young ones and young at heart are invited to cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm including horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends.
Knott’s will have extended hours, 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, from April 1 to April 23, allowing guests extra time to take advantage of all of the limited-time offerings.
Join the conversation and share your day of boysenberry fun by using #BoysenberryFestival on Twitter and Instagram. For information about the day you plan to visit and available discounts, visit www.knotts.com, or download the newly updated Knott’s Berry Farm mobile app for your smartphone.
* If you liked this post, join other readers who have signed up to for our free Newsletter…because then you will never miss another update!