California’s Great America has the distinct honor of being at the forefront of the Winterfest movement, since they were the first Cedar Fair park to host the event in 2016. Now back for the 2017 season, Winterfest will host a whole new lineup of rides, shows, entertainment, decorations and of course, specialty food items for the Christmas holiday season!
California’s Great America Winterfest Rides
(Note: rides subject to minimum weather conditions to operate.)
– Carousel Colombia
– Flight Deck
– Flying Ace
– Flying Eagles
– GR8 Sk8
– Gold Striker
– Joe Cool’s Dodgem School
– Kite Eating Tree
– Lucy’s Crabbie Cabbie
– Peanuts 500
– Peanuts Pirates
– Planet Snoopy Construction Zone
– Rue le Dodge
– Sally’s Love Buggies
– Sally’s Swing Set
– Snoopy’s Space Buggies
– Snoopy’s Space Race
– Star Tower
– Woodstock Express
California’s Great America Winterfest Live Entertainment
Winterfest would not be complete with a whole new lineup of live entertainment options.
– A Peanuts Guide to Christmas (PEANUTS™ Show Place)
– Cool Yule Christmas (Celebration Plaza)
– Holly Jolly Trolley (Hometown Square, Celebration Plaza, Toy Land)
– It’s Christmas, Snoopy! (Great American Theatre)
– Jingle Jazz (Hometown Square)
– The Mistletones (Coca-Cola Polar Bear Plaza)
– Tinker’s Toy Factory (Theatre Royale)
– Tree Lighting Ceremony (Celebration Plaza)
California’s Great America Winterfest Food
Not only are we really elated to experience Winterfest at California’s Great America, but we think everyone will be really excited to see the specialty menu items available throughout the park!
– American Corners Christmas Café (American Cafe)
– Candy Cane Concoctions (Coca-Cola Polar Plaza)
– Cheery Churros (Spike’s Churro Factory)
– Cool Corn (Popcorn cart in Celebration Plaza)
– Maggie Brown’s Festive Dinner (Maggie’s Smokehouse and Fried Chicken)(Serving normal menu items or a traditional turkey or ham dinner, which includes mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing and a California winter vegetable mix.)
– Prancer’s Pizza (Pizza Orleans)
– Sally’s Festive Funnel Cakes (Sally’s Sweet Treats)(Serving candy cane funnel cakes, peppermint soft serve ice cream, deep-fried peppermint Oreos, deep-fried banana bites with dipping sauce, or gourmet hot chocolate—served with a mini-donut, toasted marshmallows and whipped cream.)
– Sugar Plum Sweets (Silly Sours and Sweets)
– Toy Town Treats (Great American Pizza Company)(Serving cinnamon pull-apart bread, cinnamon rolls smothered in warm spices holiday cookies, hot chocolate)
– WinterFEAST (Great America Pavilion building)(Served daily from 5:00-7:00 pm, all-you-can-eat holiday meal includes roasted turkey with festive dressing, fried chicken, baked ham, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, vegetarian baked pasta, tossed salad, dessert squares, Christmas cookies and unlimited fountain drinks. $16.49 per person.)
– Yule Time (Game Day Sports Bar)
Also available will be the following franchise locations.
– Joe Cool Café (accepts Dining Plan)
– Auntie Anne’s
– Subway (accepts Dining Plan)
– Panda Express (accepts Dining Plan)
– Sally’s Festive Funnel Cakes, proudly serving Starbucks
– Planet Snoopy Snack Shack (accepts Dining Plan)
California’s Great America will bring back the 2017 Winterfest Souvenir Mug for $10.99 which includes free refills on the first day of your visit of hot chocolate and $1 refills on subsequent visits.
Note, only 2017 All-Season Dining Plans will be accepted during Winterfest. Stay tuned for which menu items will be included. Winterfest Single Meal Deals will also be available for $14.29. 2017 All-Season Souvenir Bottles and Season Pass Drink Plans will be accepted during Winterfest.
California’s Great America Winterfest Activities
In addition to shows, rides and food, the California’s Great America Winterfest event will feature a variety of seasonal activities as follows.
– Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree Lot
– Let It Snow
– Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen ($14.99 for 4 sugar cookies or 1 large cookie, frosting, and decorations)
– North Pole Postmaster
– Ruby the Reindeer
– Sally Brown’s Christmas Crafts
– Snowflake Lake
– St. Nick’s Pics
– Coca-Cola Polar Bear Party
* If you liked this post, join other readers who have signed up to for our free Newsletter…because then you will never miss another update!