New for June 2017, the Surf Lounge inside of Cedar Point’s Hotel Breakers is offering a refill souvenir bottle, but not the kind you would expect.
The new Tervis style cups (it is not a Tervis brand cup) features the Surf Lounge logo and for $24.95 includes any of the specialty cocktails from the bar. Thereafter, all specialty cocktail refills are $10 for the remainder of the season.
The cup is almost the same size as the yearly Cedar Fair souvenir bottles, though way more sturdy, with a lid and straw, and dishwasher safe!
The Surf Lounge cup comes with some rules though.
1) You can only fill it currently at the Surf Lounge. They are not valid currently for refills in Cedar Point or Cedar Point Shores.
2) The only beverages that can be used for a refill in the cup are specialty cocktails as follows:
Roarin’ Riptide Punch (Vodka, Malibu, Curacao, Lemonade, Sprite, Mint)
Mai Tai (White and Dark Rum, Cointreau, Lime Juice, Orange Juice, Grenadine)
Long Island Iced Tea (Vodka, Rum, Gin, Triple Sec)
Margarita (Tequila, Triple Sec, Lime Juice)
Tropical Lake Erie (Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Coconut Rum, Cranberry and Pineapple Juice)
Breakers Breeze (Grand Marnier, Vodka, Ginger Beer, Mint, Lime, Orange, and Sprite)
Sex on the Beach (Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Orange and Cranberry Juice)
Frozen Pina Colada
Frozen Strawberry Daquiri
3) You can not get beer or wine in the cups (Though you are free to purchase a standalone beer or wine and pour them into the cup).
4) You can only drink the beverage in the cup while inside Hotel Breakers, at the Beach or on the boardwalk. They can not be taken filled into the park.
5) Regular specialty cocktails cost in the range of $11-12 each, so you get a slight savings by purchasing the refillable cup.
This is the first of its kind that we have seen refillable souvenir cups for alcoholic beverages at Cedar Fair amusement parks. The cup is really nice and decent souvenir for those that like to collect that sort of thing. While any alcoholic beverages come at a premium, this gives guests that like to enjoy the beach a chance to enjoy their cocktails with their feet in the sand.
* If you liked this post, join other readers who have signed up to for our free Newsletter…because then you will never miss another update!